Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Right now I have almost nothing in the tank, but 2 shrimp, snails , 1 emerald crab, I’m noticing white spots on the rocks, there no fish cause there in QT.
Don’t know what can cause this .
Any thoughts?

Attachments

• 3E7AD225-5F41-49A2-A8C5-E2DAE5163A1E.jpeg
    3E7AD225-5F41-49A2-A8C5-E2DAE5163A1E.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 65
  • 6D37432D-196E-47AC-9C12-4FD7F7E93369.jpeg
    6D37432D-196E-47AC-9C12-4FD7F7E93369.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 65

ichthyogeek

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you start the tank with any live rock (potential hitchhikers that may have caused this)? Or did you bottle bacteria it?

It could be a grazer, in which case my money is that it's the crab based off of the sporadic spots.

OR it's a sign of random coralline algae dying off. This sounds far more likely, since I've never heard of emerald crabs picking and eating at coralline algae.Do you scrub the rocks? Or in any way potentially mechanically dislodge coralline?

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Did you start the tank with any live rock (potential hitchhikers that may have caused this)? Or did you bottle bacteria it?

It could be a grazer, in which case my money is that it's the crab based off of the sporadic spots.

OR it's a sign of random coralline algae dying off. This sounds far more likely, since I've never heard of emerald crabs picking and eating at coralline algae.Do you scrub the rocks? Or in any way potentially mechanically dislod

OR it's a sign of random coralline algae dying off. This sounds far more likely, since I've never heard of emerald crabs picking and eating at coralline algae.Do you scrub the rocks? Or in any way potentially mechanically dislodge coralline?
The rocks where fine it was covered in purple for months, this is happening recently.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: