ZOA not opening up

rookiereefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys dew polyps on my zoa is not opening up..:( what should i do??

Attachments

• 20210103_104945.jpg
    20210103_104945.jpg
    976.6 KB · Views: 41
  • 20210103_104938.jpg
    20210103_104938.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 36

jadakiss

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Sounds pretty good, just give them some time to acclimate if you just got them, I would drop your temp a bit it's getting a bit warm..

jadakiss

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
For the pics I see I dont see anything, if your power heads are blowing on it that would bother them, but for me personally your temp is a bit high. I like to stay at 75

35ppt

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
79 degrees is fine IMO. I run 77, anything between 75-80 is fine as long as it's stable. I used to run 79, but I like to hit the middle of the range in case of inaccurate measurements and have a little bit more oxygen saturation.

What are your phosphates and how long has it been in the tank? Like Spartan said it could be low nitrates, could also be low phosphates. Has it been dipped?

Last edited:

rookiereefer

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 3 months old. And now i think of it i dont think it never opened up since i brought it home. When i got it from the vendor it was fully opened. No changes in light and other corals/zoas are all opened

35ppt

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 3 months old. And now i think of it i dont think it never opened up since i brought it home. When i got it from the vendor it was fully opened. No changes in light and other corals/zoas are all opened
I would bring up my NO3 and try an iodine dip. Also be sure it's not getting too much flow. Where is the placement in the tank? Can I get a full tank shot?

STRIPERVIPER

Manhattan Reefs
Rating - 98.8%
160   2   0
If they never opened it’s something about your tank they don’t like. Also zoas like most corals can be finicky. I’ve had zoa gardens where they were all fine and then one type of zoa just starts closing up snd eventually that type all melts. Try doing a large water change and see if it helps.