rookiereefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys dew polyps on my zoa is not opening up..:( what should i do??

Attachments

• 20210103_104945.jpg
    20210103_104945.jpg
    883.7 KB · Views: 54
  • 20210103_104938.jpg
    20210103_104938.jpg
    941.9 KB · Views: 49

35ppt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
79 degrees is fine IMO. I run 77, anything between 75-80 is fine as long as it's stable. I used to run 79, but I like to hit the middle of the range in case of inaccurate measurements and have a little bit more oxygen saturation.

What are your phosphates and how long has it been in the tank? Like Spartan said it could be low nitrates, could also be low phosphates. Has it been dipped?

Last edited:

35ppt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sadly this zoa was my first ever coral so i didnt know about dipping. And phosphate is 0.25ppm
Well you're certainly not lacking in PO4. Other coral seem normal? How long as it been in the tank? Any changes in light? It was fine and now it's not opening?

rookiereefer

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 3 months old. And now i think of it i dont think it never opened up since i brought it home. When i got it from the vendor it was fully opened. No changes in light and other corals/zoas are all opened

35ppt

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is 3 months old. And now i think of it i dont think it never opened up since i brought it home. When i got it from the vendor it was fully opened. No changes in light and other corals/zoas are all opened
I would bring up my NO3 and try an iodine dip. Also be sure it's not getting too much flow. Where is the placement in the tank? Can I get a full tank shot?

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
If they never opened it’s something about your tank they don’t like. Also zoas like most corals can be finicky. I’ve had zoa gardens where they were all fine and then one type of zoa just starts closing up snd eventually that type all melts. Try doing a large water change and see if it helps.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: