Luis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi ... All corals look perfect in my tank but I ran a test today and all Is ok but the alk Is way to low : 95ppm (about 5.5 dkh) . Calcium Is 600 . What can I do to move both without any adverse effect .
Thanks

Spartanwarrior

Reefer Always Learning
Rating - 100%
91   0   0
What tests are you using? Bc 5.5 is death range for most corals. I would double check your results with a reliable test like red sea or salifert.

Secondly if alk is that low...dose accordingly to slowly bring it up to a range comfortable for you. 7.5 is ideal in this situation for now.

And if you are dosing calcium, I would stop and juat test daily until you see levels even out at 425. There is nothing out there to lower calcium except time.

Your numbers dont add up tho...usually a high alkalinity will coincide with high calcium. So whatever you do do to correct, do it slowly.

Luis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I re-checked calcium with Hanna test and you're right I'm 480 still high but not that high , i follow your advice , thanks again

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: