Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Just tested for alkalinity and turns out its at 4.6 dkh. My zoos are half open - half seem irritated. I just added these frags in 2 days ago.

I ordered reef bicarbonate, which should be here Monday. Should I move the zoos to another nano tank? Would appreciate any advice/input.

BryanD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Honestly raising your alk back up 9.0dkh and up right away would stress your tank too much causing a crash best way to do it is to slowly raise it

Last edited:

juan71

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 88.9%
8   1   0
i strongly doubt about your testing kit, one of my saltwater fish tank that i never do water changes on it for good 5yrs but kh still on 7.4 by redsea test kit. double check it with good test kit, if its still low, then i will do 20% water changes with good salt that has higher kh, then dosing same amount of the A & B daily till you have good # of kh, dont dose B ONLY, that will cause the reef unbalance ionically.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Go to
Put in all the info .use baking soda for now till you get the sodium bicarbonate (which is basically baking soda)
I been using baking soda for years along with peladow ice melt to raise the calcium
And honestly go slow like others have said!!
Thank you so much for the advice boss. I will be giving that a shot right now, and will take it slow. I never checked parameters before, so this is definitely a new venture for me.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
i strongly doubt about your testing kit, one of my saltwater fish tank that i never do water changes on it for good 5yrs but kh still on 7.4 by redsea test kit. double check it with good test kit, if its still low, then i will do 20% water changes with good salt that has higher kh, then dosing same amount of the A & B daily till you have good # of kh, dont dose B ONLY, that will cause the reef unbalance ionically.
Thanks for the insight! I used a hanna checker, but I will check again. I never had any issues in the past, so I am a bit caught off guard.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: