Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I’ve had this tank for a while (around 2 years) and have never put coral in it. Right now I obiously have some fish in their that aren’t reef safe such as my blue line trigger. I’m considering giving them away or selling them. Anyways, the point of this post was to ask for ideas on what reef safe fish I could put in their as well as inverts. I have a much smaller reef tank right now so I don’t rly know good and benificial fish to put in a larger tank. Thanks

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 73
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
He’s defiantly the biggest fish in the tank and I’ve been thinking about getting him out for a while when I bought him he was much smaller. The guys at my local fish store said it would be fine but I’m starting to question that.

Ron_Vas

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Triggers could be a hit or miss. I have a Niger trigger who was originally good, leaving my inverts alone but eventually he'd yank hermits and snails around from rocks so I didn't restock the clean up crew for their sake. So kept the tank a fowlr

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Triggers could be a hit or miss. I have a Niger trigger who was originally good, leaving my inverts alone but eventually he'd yank hermits and snails around from rocks so I didn't restock the clean up crew for their sake. So kept the tank a fowlr
Thank I might try fraging somthing from my other tank and putting it in their and see what happens

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
with your current fish set up, I'm thinking an urchin will be OK, not a little tuxedo one, but a medium sized, long spine one. hmm, no crabs, no snails, no shrimps, no feather worms, what else can go with triggers... not much I can think of, has to be tough, spiny or poisonous. Ah, a mantis shrimp very tough and can defend itself, cleaner shrimp should naturally be safe, swat lobster if it doesn't flip over, any stinging anemone, caribbean species, (curly, flower can hide under sand) any mushroom for that matter, should not be food for a trigger... (would it eat jellyfish?) Just thoughts.

BryanD

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
He’s defiantly the biggest fish in the tank and I’ve been thinking about getting him out for a while when I bought him he was much smaller. The guys at my local fish store said it would be fine but I’m starting to question that.
Niceeee tank bro and nice fish what kind of salt do you use to mix your saltwater if it’s a good salt that can sustain corals try one frag of gsp it’s like 5$ and see how it goes and if the trigger doesn’t eat it add different types of corals but watch out for that trigger you never know and don’t listen to that “ a trigger should be in there in the first place” non sense it’s your tank bro do what ever makes you happy and honestly that tank is not too bad for a trigger of that size, also it’s not like your going to keep it in that size tank for its entire life.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: