DanD10514

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I will be starting a 65 gallon 36x18x24 tank soon (hopefully in May).

I currently have a 32 gallon biocube but will shut it down and transfer some of the equipment once my 65 is up and running.

This is my equipment list so far of items that I have or have ordered:

• 2 AI Prime 16HD
  • Aquatic Life 36" Hybrid T5HO fixture
  • Inkbird digital temperature controller
  • Eheim 200W heater
  • 2 AI Nero 5
  • Triton 26 V2 Sump
  • Reef Octopus eSsence S-130 protein skimmer
  • Duetto Dual-sensor ATO
  • Maxspect Jump DC 6K Return Pump
Am I leaving out any must have equipment? I have heard mixed feedback about a reactor so not sure about that yet.

Any help/input is greatly appreciated, thank you.

Last edited:

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Your equipment looks good,but IMO no need for the expense of a reactor yet depending on your consumption rate. If your packed with SPS etc... you may need one, but probably not. Also the two Nero 5s maybe overkill. Just for comparison I using a 40 breeder as my frag tank and it’s packed with SPS and other frags and I’m only using about 30-40 ml a day of alk and cal. I’m also using two Nero 3s for flow and they’re dialed back to 50- 75 % alternating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DanD10514

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your equipment looks good,but IMO no need for the expense of a reactor yet depending on your consumption rate. If your packed with SPS etc... you may need one, but probably not. Also the two Nero 5s maybe overkill. Just for comparison I using a 40 breeder as my frag tank and it’s packed with SPS and other frags and I’m only using about 30-40 ml a day of alk and cal. I’m also using two Nero 3s for flow and they’re dialed back to 50- 75 % alternating.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Great, thank you for your feedback

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: