Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Hey All,

I added 3 cleaner shrimp to my 50 gallon display, and already have a blood shrimp. I will say that the blood shrimp is very mysterious and hides in its cave all day long - not the most entertaining creature I have added to the reef! The three cleaner shrimp seem to get along fine, as I feed 3x a day. Wondering if anyone has had success keeping multiple shrimp in their tanks. I've had mine for about three weeks now, and so far no issues.

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
Blood/Fire Shrimp usually hide and come out at night when the lights are off, or when you feed the tank. They usually don't get a long with other Blood/Fire Shrimp, if you have two in the same tank you'll notice that they stay on opposite sides of the tank from one another. Every so often you'll find them together. Cleaner Shrimp on the other hand are usually out more and will pair up.

Koolaidreef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 92.3%
48   4   0
Blood/Fire Shrimp usually hide and come out at night when the lights are off, or when you feed the tank. They usually don't get a long with other Blood/Fire Shrimp, if you have two in the same tank you'll notice that they stay on opposite sides of the tank from one another. Every so often you'll find them together. Cleaner Shrimp on the other hand are usually out more and will pair up.
I did not know that blood shrimp have such a personality! Funny you mentioned that, as I noticed him out and about one night when I peaked in on the tank. The cleaner shrimp all seem to like each other and are actively roaming the tank.

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
The blood and skunk shrimps are hemaphrodites, though with skunk shrimp, I find that one usually eats the other during the molt. Blood shrimp are much nicer to each other, and I usually keep them in pairs. I also like yellow coral banded shrimps, pretty peaceful and small. These guys are sexed, so you need to find a male and female, easily distinguished by looking at either the yellow/green egg/ovaries in the head or the large egg holding swimmerettes under the tail. I keep all of them together and they have different caves.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: