Reef Reaper

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
256   0   0
I been trying to breed banggai cardinals for over ten years, even gave them their own tank three times with no luck. So I gave up and threw them into the main tank and to my surprise, a baby in the sump!! I guess when you try to hard, it usually fails. I wonder if there are more in the tank

Attachments

• D868D4B0-0BA3-442F-BCB9-BF7B2801BB61.jpeg
    D868D4B0-0BA3-442F-BCB9-BF7B2801BB61.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Congrats! ….I have a breeding pair also. At first the male would release within a week or two gradually releasing later and later, but like clockwork now releasing in the middle of the night between 27-28 days. He’s impossible to catch in a large packed with corals reef.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
Congrats! ….I have a breeding pair also. At first the male would release within a week or two gradually releasing later and later, but like clockwork now releasing in the middle of the night between 27-28 days. He’s impossible to catch in a large packed with corals reef.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The fry can be harvested if you place a fake sea urchin in . You can make one using some sort of weighted base with plastic spines, the fry should take refuge in it. the urchin doesn't need to look like an urchin, perhaps if you used a rubber ball, and poked zip ties into it to use as spines, or any other pointed plastic sticks, or wooden kabab sticks.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: