nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
I’m running into an issue with my DT having a high water level. My return pump was recently cleaned when it started happening a week ago and nothing changed. The tank is an Elos 36” cube 23” high, the water level is approximately an inch higher than usual which is causing the “net” cover to be in the water in the middle not the edges. I haven’t turned down the pump or changed anything with the plumbing, what can be causing the condition? I have green hair algae problem at the moment I’m wondering if the drain hose is clogged with algae? What you think?
Thanks

Salted

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have green hair algae problem at the moment I’m wondering if the drain hose is clogged with algae? What you think?
Thanks
Don't mean to sound like a smartass here but if you think that that could be the problem I'd get to looking into it right away before your tank overflows because we can't do it for you here on the internet. Aside from that I also had a water lever change issue myself a couple weeks ago. My return line was pretty gunked up and after cleaning I had to back my return way down to compensate for the increased flow of the now cleared out line.

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Don't mean to sound like a smartass here but if you think that that could be the problem I'd get to looking into it right away before your tank overflows because we can't do it for you here on the internet. Aside from that I also had a water lever change issue myself a couple weeks ago. My return line was pretty gunked up and after cleaning I had to back my return way down to compensate for the increased flow of the now cleared out line.
No offense taken I’m looking for ideas here. It’s been running for over 3yrs and never ran into this. I’ve been noticing a slight gargling sound in the sump area. I will be pulling out the sump and drain plumbing today when I arrive home.
Thnx

nyc reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 96.5%
274   10   0
Ended up pulling out the sump, cleaning it and cleaning the the drain hose from the DT. Neither was the problem, the grate on the ELOS corner overflow was blocked by the hair algae. So all is fine once again. I need to start pulling the hair algae from the rocks to get rid of it and having it coming loose and clogging the overflow grate again. Thanks guys.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: