seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
I buy from my LFS, but sometimes, they can't get what I want. Looking for a reliable online fish store for buying reef fish that prices are good and shipping is reasonable, but for smaller size purchases.

I would like a 14 day life guarantee and does honor their returns.

Also, looking for reef cleaner packs for smaller tanks.

Thanks,

Last edited:

kevin315

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Not so sure about the 14 days guarantee part, but
1) Salgado aquatics (pick up only for now)
2) TSM aquatics
3) biota
4) marine collectors

while they can probably get you the fish you want, expect x2 or even x3 prices of what you would be getting from your lfs.

a cheap one I have heard other use is kpaquatics.

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Not so sure about the 14 days guarantee part, but
1) Salgado aquatics (pick up only for now)
2) TSM aquatics
3) biota
4) marine collectors

while they can probably get you the fish you want, expect x2 or even x3 prices of what you would be getting from your lfs.

a cheap one I have heard other use is kpaquatics.
Kevin,

Much appreciated.

Thank you,

Larry

seldin

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
94   0   0
Just tried Reeftopia for clean up crew. Very good prices.

Interestingly, even though I had fast shipping, they shipped snails damp (no water), I think I had more not make it because of this, don't see why over nite needed this type of package. They swear by not using normal water and ship only with a damp cloth.

Thanks,

ReefRap

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I recommend Biota. I've had success with everything I've ever ordered from ORA via my fish store. Ellis Aquatics has been solid. It's been ages since I ordered anything from them, but Live Aquaria used to be my go-to for years! If I am to believe the reefkeeping community, which I often (but not always) do, it would seem the Petco acquisition and subsequent spit-out of that part of DFS' business had an impact on service levels both during and afterward. I know the hobby's been growing every year since I got in it, but there were alarming amounts of DOAs for a while, not to mention the weakening of their guarantee. Kevin Kohen exited recently too, which is a major bummer. I hope aquariums are still his focus at his new Petco gig. Anyway, I guess I'm just hopeful that LA has worked out their issues and returned to the service level I fell in love with them for all those years ago!

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: