joelapuebla

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had a bad aptasia problem a few weeks ago. Bought some peppermint shrimp from reeftopia. Recieved it a few days later. I put in about 4 peppermint shrimp. It took a couple of days for the shrimp to come out. But 2 weeks later aptasia free. Awesome litter critters.

Nova23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have peppermint and nudis together. I seen a reduction on the population but slowly.
Peppermint shrimps 2 have been there for around 3 weeks, and nudis around 4 weeks and only saw one on one occasion after first week. No wrasses only
tang
Cromis
Dancel
Anthias
Firefish

Alexbklnmtrs

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an aptasia infestation, dropped a nudi un there and in about a month it breed and now I have like 30 nudi and no aptasia , I’m in Brooklyn , if you want some come pick em up

bfernandez19

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1 is good for me and slowly doing the job that I got. Surprised my 6 line hasn’t nibbled on it.

Attachments

• 4A0628D6-C947-40E1-B2F2-1D98E63FD4AA.jpeg
    4A0628D6-C947-40E1-B2F2-1D98E63FD4AA.jpeg
    292.4 KB · Views: 0

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
As with any pests, you will never eradicate them, just control them. These days after trying more or less everything minus the laser and F-aiptasia, I am just using freshly made Kalkwasser paste when I see some of them.

- Majano wand: lots of work, and could not reach much
- Berghias: did end up getting eaten by the filefish. Their eggs are eaten by copepods apparently
- Filefish: made a dent at first, then decided to be lazy and eat my foods
- Peppermint shrimp: my basslet considers these are snacks, so... I tried once to put 5 of them and they lived about 2 hours.
- Redsea Aiptasia-X: seems to age and go bad
- Joe's juice: same thing

See the following for a list of things you can do:

Nova23

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had an aptasia infestation, dropped a nudi un there and in about a month it breed and now I have like 30 nudi and no aptasia , I’m in Brooklyn , if you want some come pick em up
Hay buddy do you still have some nudis? I have a nice Millie for you if still have some!!

Markbluereef

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Recently picked up some frags, and an aptasia was attached to the bottom of the plug. There are a few large ones on my rock now all of a sudden and a few babies on my frag rack ( attached to the actual plastic). Before this worsens and I lose my sanity, how can I deal with this in the most effective way possible? I've read using lemon juice or kalk may work, but wondering what methods others have used. Appreciate any insight. Thank you in advance!

On a side note, I will be quarantining my fish and frags going forward. Lost all my fish to velvet last month...

You live and learn.
I examine all new frags with a magnifying glass. I have found pests in the past also phone camera and zoom work well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: