Freddybnj

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, my Anthias must have hit a rock ... (He was chased around the first day... ) He's settled in now but looks like his eye is bad...
I read about dosing 1 TBsp of Epsom salt for every 5 Gallons... I have a 90 gallon.. do I include my sump, 25, and my refuge 15 to the total amount of water volume?
Also, this won't upset my corals, inverts, or other fish, correct?

Thank you.
Freddy

Attachments

• 20220116_144530.jpg
    20220116_144530.jpg
    88.3 KB · Views: 0
  • 20220116_144523.jpg
    20220116_144523.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 0

Freddybnj

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to dose him in a QT tank only, correct? I'll look for videos on how to treat with the med you mentioned and try to put together a QT tank... Thanks

Sent from my SM-G986U using Tapatalk

MIKE NY

Two Decade Club
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
As mentioned if it’s eating in good water quality it should heal on its own. I wouldn’t add epsom salt into the DT with corals for two reasons. It’s basically magnesium sulfate and will upset the balance of Magnesium sulfate and magnesium chloride. It will also raise your magnesium levels. However it does have good healing properties and I would only use it in a hospital tank void of corals. GL….

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Freddybnj

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks all... I am purchasing a 10-gallon preset tank for qt... should have it soon...
In the meantime, I had a little 2.5-gallon tank... I filled it with DT water and dosed with ES. I put him in for 10 mins then back into the DT... he was quiet the rest of the night but today he's swimming normally... I can't tell if the eye looks better yet... I read that I should do back to back dosing? Should I do it again today for another 10 mins?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: