scottlarmr

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone here knows anything about inflatable kayaks? I’m looking for a good quality 2 seater yak so I can fold it up and put in my RV, and wife and I can go explore lakes and yes maybe do a little fishing. I do not have room for a hard shell,

Rating - 100%
98   0   0
intex are cheap, "sea worthy" (they are a marine safety license #), the green one is a foot longer than the yellow one, which is wider (more stable for climbing back in from the water, whereas its almost impossible to climb back into the green one). At $150 each, if you just use it for a couple of weekends, it's had a full life. As for quality, they can be over inflated and burst, so don't go over PSI. As for sea worthiness, bring the pump with you onto the water and inflate as you go. Most problems I've read about are people over inflating it till they are as hard as a rock. It was not designed to do that. Also the 2 seater is made to hold a certain weight, so the problem overall is that 2 "over weight" Americans, will over inflate the kayak so that it holds its shape when they are sitting in it, and the kayak shortly pull apart at the seems, even on the first use. The 2 seater will easily hold one person as the rated PSI, and it's just a durable as any other lake side water toy. You'll still have to bring the pump. If you want to be more durable and you both want to definitely be in one craft, get the 4 seater boat. It all depends on how much you both weight. The included oars work, get after market replacements from any camping store when you break them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: