piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So after a few years with pandemic. Who's going to RAP? I always had a good time meeting and talking to people. I missed only one RAP since coming to NJ. I like to see guest speakers and get a few things. With the price of inflation on everything. Will we see some good deals. . This hobby is not what it used to be. Do I look for deals online and pay the shipping cost with the entry cost and gas and tolls money. Or do I go and hope I find that special frags at reasonable price. So who's going to RAP?

adsf430

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm going but I wouldn't think about going for deals, best deals are always going to be from a hobbyist, and I'm paying for tickets for the GF and I so that's $60 I'm out before train tickets and ubers. I'm going though since it's fun to see all the booths and coral and it's nice to see what's out there in person. Got a good deal on a pair of Gonis last year since they weren't open and they've become monsters in my tank but I wouldn't go assuming it's to "save" money.

Not going, this hobby has gotten out of hand.

All the SPS and LPS are from the same ocean, lord only know how many names can be conjured up for the same corals.

Vendor #1 funky bunch
Vendor #2 ball of fire
Vendor #3 inferno
( meanwhile they're all the same species )

Save your money, learn how to dive
:unsure::unsure::unsure:
grinch

adsf430

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Exactly, I want to be able to see all the corals out there which is tough in Manhattan without any great coral shops nearby. I saw a Godzilla bounce there last year which was amazing and that led me to later buy a baby off another reefer. Worth it to window shop.

Cumboxgj

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yeah I'm going too. my first nano practice tank should be cycled by then. I'm thinking about going full sps but i know that's difficult and the tank has to mature. but i will be going to rap this year maybe for both days

radiata

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Doesn't look like there are any speakers. I searched the web site for "speakers" and only found it once in the area soliciting vendors. The lack is probably a Covid thing.

Timbo

Got Reef?
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A "Godzilla Bounce" Wow!!!!. I don't know what that is,,,But I want one... :P

I think I would need to charter a private Jet to get there from Long Island but it would be totally worth it. :ROFLMAO:
Paul, Godzilla doesn’t live in your tank already? You just need to start collecting water in jersey it will grow naturally!

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Doesn't look like there are any speakers. I searched the web site for "speakers" and only found it once in the area soliciting vendors. The lack is probably a Covid thing.
Your right know speakers. A lot less vendors than Florida RAP. Some one was selling ORA SPS coral in Florida. Was it Saltwater Aquarium booth? I'm not sure. I guess I have to watch youtube and see who it was. A month a way still undecided.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: