Status
Not open for further replies.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I need to buy some nudibranch for my tank, problem is its cheaper to buy 11 ($110) and I only need 4 ($140). (because of the free shipping once you hit $100).

Anyone want to pickup the other 7 for lets say $60 so we can get a good deal for both of us?
I'm on 96/2

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Honestly, berghias are not that great. I have tried them several times in the past, and in way more numbers than "officially recommended" (aka 20+ in a 25 gallon...)
  • fish do eat them (including, ironically, my "aiptasia-eating" filefish
  • the eggs get eaten by copepods
  • they did clean-up a bunch of coral heads deep inside, but that was it.
  • in the end, using kalkwasser paste and manually killing a couple here and there once a week for 10 minutes was what let me control Aiptasias.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Honestly, berghias are not that great. I have tried them several times in the past, and in way more numbers than "officially recommended" (aka 20+ in a 25 gallon...)
  • fish do eat them (including, ironically, my "aiptasia-eating" filefish
  • the eggs get eaten by copepods
  • they did clean-up a bunch of coral heads deep inside, but that was it.
  • in the end, using kalkwasser paste and manually killing a couple here and there once a week for 10 minutes was what let me control Aiptasias.
Hmm good to know. My infestation isn’t horrible right now, in the past aiptasia x worked great for me, but this time they are resistant or something. Not sure why.

Geraud

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hmm good to know. My infestation isn’t horrible right now, in the past aiptasia x worked great for me, but this time they are resistant or something. Not sure why.
What I have heard is when you use Aiptasia-X, it has a shelf life once opened, which makes it less potent over time. While if you make your own small batch of kalkwasser paste right before using it, you are going to use the very potent, high pH stuff that Aiptasias and co. hate so much.

Reef Beef had made a chunk about it (including the shelf life story)

Note that these days Rich seems to like F-Aptasia a lot

Last edited:

finboot1

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need to buy some nudibranch for my tank, problem is its cheaper to buy 11 ($110) and I only need 4 ($140). (because of the free shipping once you hit $100).

Anyone want to pickup the other 7 for lets say $60 so we can get a good deal for both of us?
I'm on 96/2
I am working with study abroad consultants in Lahore and the nudibranch is needed here. Tell me where we can buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: