Daduate

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thankyou tds=0 and about 4 months old it’s supposed to be the deionization chamber changes colors when it is old it’s from bulk reef supply the chamber is like 1/2 changed color and I haven’t changed any of the cartridges thus far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Daduate

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone have any good references to how a refugium should be kept I have one and don’t think it looks ….well it doesn’t look good. Small coarse pebble substrate on the bottom a marine block one piece of live rock ( that’s absolutely covered in small tube worms now ) , and a large chunk of chaeto. I have some tunze refugium light that is magnetic and submersible.
6ea70d83c4af91fb0e4e091e98dc13b6.jpg

Daduate

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After posting this I looked at my refugium in disgust and threw out the huge marine block , chaeto , and live rock that were in it. I also wiped the entire inside with a paper towel (hint I learned here;). I also completely sterilized the two foam pad strips that are on the anterior side of the return chamber . ( that was ******* gross) I’m want to order that clean chaeto from algae barn . I have some galaxy pods on the way from algae barn that haven’t shipped yet but the order is placed. I’ll check my LFS’ to see if they have clean chaefo before pods arrive

Daduate

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know how these forums go new guys just normally piss the vets off but y’all are professionals man . The advice I get here really works . And I’m a YouTube only first time saltwater tank owner . I don’t mean to turn this into my help thread but … how would I syphon this? I think I found where my excess nutrients are coming from . The course aragonite on the bottom of where my so called refugium was is filled with ditritus and brown algae I want to get it out like I used to do on my freshwater tanks when you syphon the gravel and all the **** floats up but the rocks stay. How would I do that since it’s so low to the ground ? Would those syphons that connect to a faucet work would that generate enough force to pull it up?
138ae7b2da357d6c5b4b7fea5eb09e18.jpg

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I know how these forums go new guys just normally piss the vets off but y’all are professionals man . The advice I get here really works . And I’m a YouTube only first time saltwater tank owner . I don’t mean to turn this into my help thread but … how would I syphon this? I think I found where my excess nutrients are coming from . The course aragonite on the bottom of where my so called refugium was is filled with ditritus and brown algae I want to get it out like I used to do on my freshwater tanks when you syphon the gravel and all the **** floats up but the rocks stay. How would I do that since it’s so low to the ground ? Would those syphons that connect to a faucet work would that generate enough force to pull it up?
138ae7b2da357d6c5b4b7fea5eb09e18.jpg

Back when I had my tank I used a bucket head shop wet/dry vacuum to clean the sump.

Daduate

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Genius bro got one on the way curbside pickup today lol . Wanna have it all straightened out by the time my 4 galaxy pods jars get here

Juano908

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Genius bro got one on the way curbside pickup today lol . Wanna have it all straightened out by the time my 4 galaxy pods jars get here

Also, if you use filter socks or floss having small power heads running in your sump chambers helps a lot keeping your sump free of detritus accumulation.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: