wayneo

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell us of your experience. It is easy? Is it worth the trouble? Inquiring minds want to know.

donaldgonzal

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please tell us of your experience. It is easy? Is it worth the trouble? Inquiring minds want to know.
I defer to the experts but I probably qualify as a slightly experienced with the blackworms at this point. Only because I have failed at blackworms plenty over the past 4 lbs of orders.
One thing to keep in mind is, I believe, it would be difficult to raise them in a large quantity like the commercial sellers can in an aquarium.
My fish would eat way more than i could produce if allowed. I have purchased plenty from easternaquatics after hearing of them on the forum.
I do raise blackworms a bit by seeding my tanks with a few squirts of clean worms into a tank with a substrate they can get into. I believe the non substrate turning fish feed off of them but break them up causing worms to regenerate in the gravel etc. I am attempting a polyculture now 26x18x12 tank blackworms with a pair of dwarf brazos crayfish, and snails. The substrate is black diamond media. The shells are for future shell dweller project but the crawfish use them a bit in the mean time. I would guess this isnt even 1/16th lb of blackworms. geometry dash scratch

Last edited:

Lefor1962

New Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're looking for a fun little project and a way to save money on fish food, then worm culturing is absolutely worth it! It's a great way to connect with the natural life cycle and provide a healthy food source for your finned friends.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: