K

kweckstrom

Ok.

I spent some time at home depot today looking around at wood. Exciting. Let me tell ya.

I really have ZERO DIY skills. I don't want to make a hood myself. I also gave it some more thought - even if I got one made, I would have a hard time wiring up everything, installing ballasts for MH, T5's etc. I don't want to do it.

Nick at Island Reef & Fin keeps egging me on, and wants to actually do some of the work for me (making the box at least). He knows i'd just wind up hurting myself if I tried to do it, and so does my wife.

So i'm leaning towards a pendant/strip that has a 250W 12k MH and couple of VHO's or T5's for actinic supplementation.

Now, I see that Premium Aquatics has the Won Brothers PSLM 72 (24" wide, 250W w/electronic ballast, T5 actinics for actinic, perfect for my 37 oceanic). That looks like EXACTLY what I want. I'll just hang a couple of wires off the ceiling, plug it in, and be done with it.

Now, that's just one brand. I'm open to others, especially ones that people are happy with (I'd like something not too noisy).

My budget is $600ish.

Help me out here!

wedfr

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
hi kwekstrom, if you decide to go with the won brothers i can do better on them for you then premium. let me know what you decide to do and ill send you a quote

K

kweckstrom

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hehe Nick, I spared you the grief.

I love you guys. I know you would have hauled off and made me a hood, but I just wanted to cause as LITTLE grief as possible for everyone.

So I went to www.aquariumlight.com, ordered a fixture with a single 250W MH 10k Ushio, and 2 VHO actinics for $545 shipped.

I'm expecting it this coming week.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: