bueller

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Hey Everyone,

just wondering if anyone else has this problem and what solution would be needed to fix it.

I have a 90 gal RR [ corner overflo W/ Durso stand ] that runs to a sump with a auto top off. All weter levels are fine until I feed the tank....Once I feed, the water level in the overflo / tank fills up to almost overflowing :bigeyes: in which the water level in the sump goes low...in turn makes the auto top off call for water. after about 10 min's the water level goes back to normal.

I just got home from work about a hour ago to find the GFI outlet was popped { Good...it did it's job }. and the rug by the tank wet & in the basement under the tank.

I don't know if my wife feed the tank earlier in the day...I'm trying to figure out what popped the GFI... I'm thinking did she feed the tank and the water level made the tank over flow causing the GFI to pop....A little lost for cause right now, Any HELP is highly appreciated.

BUELLER

cb747

How many is too many?
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Do you have strainers in your overflow box? Maybe there getting clogged up with food resulting in your tank backing up due to reduced drainage. Thats the only thing i can think of.
As for the GFCI popping id say some of your equipment got wet and thats what caused it to pop.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: