Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
plasticbulb.jpg

I have been using one of these since my freshwater days and could not live without it. I use it at least four times a day, every day. I use it for feeding, because I target feed everything, I also use it to blow detritus off rocks or blow a dead animal out into the open. I pick up baby fish with it and suck up water for testing.
I know there are turkey basters but these things are sturdier and the long, angled acrylic tube is perfect.
Anyone else use them?

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
Phil =Devious:) AEFW = Acro eating flatworms a major pest to SPS keeping reefers. Many rip apart their reefs and dip their Acro colonies in a variety of semi-effective and possibly lethal medications. I chose to try to come to terms with them instead. Though virtually undetectable on the colonies, they are easily blown off with a turkey baster ( now you see the relevance here) and eaten with gusto by pretty much all species of fish once water borne. This of course doesn't deal with the eggs, and you will never completely "cure" the problem this way, but I have found it very possible to keep the pests in check this way. No one looking at my reef would know I had a problem. I don't want to hijack your thread with this, just want one of your bulb thingies:)

Psycho graphic

Trouble Maker!
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
I modded a Turkey baster with some rigid airline tubing and used a Plastic Ziptie to keep the bulb on tight.

For those of you who use these for feeding as I do, it is a wise idea to clean out the inside of the bulb occasionally. You can't believe how much crap can accumulate inside it.

My version.

BasterMedium.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: