JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I bought a diatom filter from an MR member (ocean realm, great guy) for clearing ich out of my tank due to another MR members post about its ability to do so. After buying it I decided to QT all fish so cant say how it is at getting rid of disease but DAMN this thing cleans in an hour what a normal sump filter with carbon does in two days!

I set my one tank up and and the cloudy appearence was gone in a cpl hours! Usually when I set up a tank it takes a few daysto look decent. I dont think it is a must have but for cleaning substarate/ detritus and clarifying water of everything its a great old product

I list it as the #1 item you dont need but should pick up if you see it on sale or used

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Yea an primative device, that seems like a simple filter but with the powder and filter pad this thing is crazy. It would be so good for a fowlr or reef, just move the rocks around or stir up all the sand up monthly and let this bad boy take over!

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I love my diatom!! I use every couple of months. I let it run for about 5-6 hours, using a turkey baster every 15 min or so.

Steven

Im gonna have to try the turkey baster technique. I just move all the rocks and put my hand through all the sand and just flip it up a few times in a cpl hrs and the tank is like brand new

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: