ZZROCOOL

BIG ROCK SMALL FISH
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
1) actually I said jhales pics
2) my tank is 3 sides clear black background,
3) at the end of the day I have an ELOS tank and have had it set up both ways
you have only seen pics. It looks much better allowing the fish and coral to . when you view and photograph the tank. I'll take black any day

End of discussion for me

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Black, clear, blue, pink, red, oranger, highlighter green, fire painted on teh back, burned glass, dirty glass, pee'd on glass, farted on color glass, salt creep glass, green glass, blue glass, and live fish glued to the back are all my preferences.

Tried them ALL and LOVE THEM!

Is this topic really serious enough to get all pissy about? Not really its the color of a background. People get to worked up over nothing. It's a hobby, psshttt...:bunny: I'm running for my life now:D

Good day all.

adamrose

++ROCKFISH!++
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
1) actually I said jhales pics
2) my tank is 3 sides clear black background,
3) at the end of the day I have an ELOS tank and have had it set up both ways
you have only seen pics. It looks much better allowing the fish and coral to . when you view and photograph the tank. I'll take black any day

End of discussion for me

wow.

way to take a hobby, and turn it into something elitist and snobby.

This is why you have your own tank, and other people have theirs! I agree with you 100% (i love clean black bg's) but there is no need to badger people like that.

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
wow.

way to take a hobby, and turn it into something elitist and snobby.

This is why you have your own tank, and other people have theirs! I agree with you 100% (i love clean black bg's) but there is no need to badger people like that.

mysmilie_64.gif

ZZROCOOL

BIG ROCK SMALL FISH
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
it depends on the tank..

Black on most tanks..

Clear on Room dividers, Clear on rimless, IMO you ruined the look of your 120xl

WOW i ruined the look of my own tank, funny how that works I appreciate you input but I think I will stick to black. But you must be the expert

I have to say that members like that ruin this forum and somehow they are popping up everywhere!

RyanG

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whats the difference blue makes your tank "appear" to have more depeth black make things stand out, BOTH look fantastic.

JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I personally perfer BLue for FOWLRS and FO, but BLACK all the way for reef tanks.

I know theres no real logic to this but just how I like it

And clear only if you have a rimless, room divider, or your neurotic as hell to keep ZERO algae of any kind on the glass and all wires and other distractions are considered.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: