joselastra

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hello, im new to MR so hello to everyone!! my question is, what is the best container to store my freshly made RO?DI water in, as well as my already made saltwater in?

wxl14

Wexel
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome and I go to home depot and use the 5 gallon containers. with lids i wash them out with a little baking soda and water. te rinse them well with water.. for the first use.

joselastra

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
lets just say. "for instance" if someone(I) was to use the home depot buckets w/o cleaning them first, what could happen. and lets just say they were never washed and have been used for the past 3 months.

rjs5134

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
After 3 months of constant use, they're probably pretty "clean", so to speak. I use the brute 30 gallon garbage cans from HD. Just make sure to get the dark gray or white ones. These are the food grade cans. Those made from post consumer recycled material are generally not food grade.

DaddyReefer13

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
112   0   0
I use 3 or 4 5+ gallon water jugs that go on the water coolers. They are pretty manageable to move around and really help minimize spills.

I also have a 24 gallon garbage can/bin on a dolley for water changes.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: