choimoreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well I order a 14k de 250w from marine depot. It came and I figure I got nothing better to do in the office.

The box say 14k but on the bulb is 0000k. I can barely make out a 1.

Plus, a new blub shouldn't have any discoloration right?

[ May 06, 2004, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: choimoreef ]

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Hi,

I've order the same bulb from Premuim Aquatics and thats what I'll be doing this weekend. I did notice the same markings on the bulb. I've tested them and they are bluer than the 10k i'm using now. The bulb did have a very light discoloration on the inner bulb, I think the manuf. test fires the bulb before shipping.

Peter

choimoreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you could be right, I put them in last night just to see.
It's much more blue compare to the AB 10k (which probably shifted to more yellow)

In fact, it's so blue my eyes need to re focus after staring at my tank for some time =P

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I am also thinking of switching to the hamilton 14k DE's. Do you guys have any pics?

Choimoreef, I am running 10k AB's right now. Do you notice a major difference in brightness between the 10k and 14k bulbs?

thanks,
Rich

choimoreef

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
hmmmm the AB10k is definitely noticeably whiter.
or in my case yellower since I think I had the bulb running at least 14 months.

The hamilton 14k is defintely blue-er, and it looks great since I don't have actinics.

Is the ab10k brighter?? yes.
does the 14k have a nice blue? yes in fact, so blue my human eyes aren't use to it.

how's my corals reacting to it? I'll have to give it some more time regarding growth.
But as for coloration....green is now almost neon.
brownish green is now green.

I'll try to post pictures the tomorrow.

pmui

Rating - 100%
39   0   0
Whoa, what a difference! I don't need the atinics anymore. It a big difference from a 10k Ushio. I like the colors, it's a little intense right now, but the colors on the corals pop!

Peter

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: