JLAudio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
My Question is in regards to people who use a 2 part system opposed to a calcium reactor.

Should one account for water changes in some kind of formula to account for cal/alk change that will most likely result?

My thought is measure calium/Alk after a water change, then just previous to next water change (for me its religously every week). This will tell you how much is being used by your tank without dosing. With the goal being to minimalize swing and account for increase in cal/alk which may result from WC

EX. After WC 450. Before WC (week later) 380. Perhaps a mid week dosage to minimalize this swing or a small steady dose. I found dosing and steady WC's brought my calcium up too high.

Any thoughts?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
or u could test the water in the tank and do that for about 3 days straight and dose then test again for 3 days and adjust. u should be able to get it from there.... also u would want to check each bucket of salt on its parameters before doing the water change and buffer the waterchange water to the parameters u want so there will be no major fluctuations In the tank jus a few ideas of things I have done that worked

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
or just dose through out the week to keep levels up and use a salt higher in elements, my reason for going back to red sea coral pro, alot higher is cal the io, but either way you need to dose through out the week to maintain levels

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: