spacenyc

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
have apataisa on some new rocks, alot of it. have a qt tank and i put a peppermint shrimp in hasnt done anything i have noticed. has anyone actually done the lemon juice cure? i read about it but have not actually been able to find a needle. read it must be latex free needle but no local place has it. any advice from someone who has actually solved this problem. would it be worth it to just kill the rocks and then allow them to re seed? steve

JRod

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I use it and it works great.

I use a syringe and send it straight down into the mouth or if it is large enough to hit it and inject the fluid inside it.

The thing curls right up and dies in time. Trick is to inject and not have it curly back.

dabgood21

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
More then one peppermint is required, they won't all eat aiptasia. Lemon juice can work but I prefer not putting acid in my water, it can throw of the balance. Instead, I use a tiny bit of R/O water that I've mixed with Kalkwasser so it's thick enough to make a paste. Then use a dropper to squeeze some out over the top (mouth) of the aiptasia. It works every time but be careful not to get your mixture on any of your prize corals and anemones, it will hurt and irritate their skin.

tunicata

Tunicate Tamer
Rating - 100%
163   0   0
def. make sure your corals do not get a spill. I mistakenly spilled some of Joe's on my orange plate! and now it has 2 pencil point sized holes!!!
It's ok in general, but hopefully that'll heal over soon!

PComo

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
i use a kalk mix in a little syringe w/out a needle- the kind you give a dog medicine with. a drop or two right on the suckers and they shrivle and pop. its actually fun. now i added 3 peppermints and havent seen one since- going on 6 months or so

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: