Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
I will be going on a collecting trip this weekend and decided to offer to bring back some marine Grass Shrimp for some interested MR members. These shrimp will be locally collected. I've used these shrimp as a food source for a long time for such fish as Lionfish, Stonefish, Triggers, Filefish, Seahorses, Pipefish, Stingrays, Sharks, eels and Octopuses. Although collected locally, these shrimp thrive in our reef tanks even in the higher temperature ranges. They will readily breed if you decide to keep them as ornamental shrimp. Their behavior is similar to Peppermint or cleaner shrimp with no danger to any corals. I've even witnessed them cleaning other fish.

I will collect for up to 5 members on this trip with a max of 50 grass shrimp each. Many will be bearing eggs. The first 5 members who ask for the grass shrimp will be given priority with only one qualification, You must be an MR donor. I don't expect anything in return and I ask that you pick up the shrimp at my place in Manhattan (22nd and 7th). I have no problem holding on to them as long as you need me too as I already have a separate tank for them and I do have quite a bit in the tank already. The earliest pick up date will be next Tuesday evening (May 6th).

If you have any questions please post here.

Dom

Trip 1 MR Members:

1. jhale
2. Wingo
3. Bob 1000
4. tunicata
5. Lunner

Last edited:

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
grass-shrimp-pugio.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
i've seen my pipes eat some large peps i put in the tank :(

Doryrhamphus pessuliferus btw

still smaller would be better.

Domboski

No Coral Here
Rating - 100%
237   0   0

Thanks for adding the photo Brett! The black lines you see in the pic disappear in captivity. I think they lose the black lines in warmer water. I've noticed over the years that later in the spring and summer when the collection water temperature is warmer the lines are not present. Just my observation though. No science to back that up :splitspin

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: