lamaseta17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
so i just checked my phosphates today for the first time and my jaw dropped. my test kit only goes up to 1.0 which is a medium blue but when i looked at the color of the test water it was a dark blue which must mean its prob. higher than 1.5-2 so what can i do to lower this down or remove the phosphate. thanks

ZZROCOOL

BIG ROCK SMALL FISH
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
so i just checked my phosphates today for the first time and my jaw dropped. my test kit only goes up to 1.0 which is a medium blue but when i looked at the color of the test water it was a dark blue which must mean its prob. higher than 1.5-2 so what can i do to lower this down or remove the phosphate. thanks

your problem resides in your signature !

CANISTER = PHOSPHATES

1) DO A HUGE WATER CHANGE
2) EMPTY EVERYTHING OUT OF YOUR CANISTER AND FILL IT WITH PHOSBAN CHANGE ONCE EVERY 2 WEEKS
3) WHEN PO4 GOES AWAY GET RID OF YOUR CANISTER AND GET A SUMP!

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Water change to start.
Do you run a phosban reactor? If not, you probably want to get one soon!
What's your system like..tank size, skimmer, fuge &/or sump, bioload?

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
do u have a rodi if so I would also check phosphates coming out the clean water part. as said already get urself a phosban reactor, phosar high capacity media and a maxijet 400 have the media tumble in the reactor and I would change the media after 1 week since ur phosphates are so high. I would also check ur phosphates with a hanna meter see if someone near u has one u can use.......

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: