Well what I've bought so far from eBay I've been satisfied with. This includes...
-50lbs of Walt Smith Fiji Live Rock which was 105 dollars buy it now with 45 dollars of shipping which is practically $3/lb
-2 clams that lasted me a long time*
-open brain*
-random zoos*
-50 blue leg hermit crabs (twice)
-100 snails (twice)
- and just today I received a gorgeous piece of x-mas tree worm rock which was $44 total and is a good 4 1/2 inches and has tons of x-mas worms on it, more than I've ever seen on piecese at a pet store

*died when tank crashed a while ago

jejton

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Just make sure to take the proper precautions -
-the seller should have very good rating and a high quantity of sales.
-read the terms of sale very carefully as eBay and PP are both notorious for being lousy at supporting ripped off customers.
- double check the shipping becuase once you win a bid you cannot retract just because you find the shipping is more than you expected.

jay1335

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I made one purchase off of ebay. It was a peice of nepthea and it didnt last more than 2 hrs in my tank not sure what happened as the nepthea I got from pablo is doing awesome!! I'd try ebay again though.

cowfish

Psycho-ologist
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
I've never ordered livestock, but have gotten hardware. Never had a problem. As previously mentioned, only do business with someone with 98-100% positive rating and make sure you know the shipping costs. Some are quite reasonable while others are absolutely ridiculous.

SWA

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I have ordered quite a bit from ebay. I keep an eye out for ricordea to add to my collection. Sometimes a big bargain comes up. I have had great luck thus far. I have ordered sand with no problem, snails and cleaners etc.
Reefscavangers is a seller on ebay along with a few others...I think gateway aquatics (didn't like their rics :( )

Otherwise I think you just need to be real careful. If you think you'll get a pink yuma for 10 buck...you get what you pay for. Otherwise there are some GREAT bargains.
I am 100% addicted and check ebay religiously daily.

Beth

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: