EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
could we get a pic? brown things isnt really a sufficient description. what do they look like?

lamaseta17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Heres A Pic Its Growing You Can See It On The Mid Right Side Of The Rock

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 133

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
hah! i knew it! that's aiptasia!=bad! fast grower
feed it a bit of joe's juice and it will shrivel up in notime! peppermintshrimp will eat it.
there are many methods of eliminating it :)

Last edited:

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Emily is right!! It's Aiptasia. One of the devils you don't want in your tank:sgrin:
Try Joes Juice or "Aiptasia control" by Blue Life.
You might want to address this problem right away.
100 already:eek:
What are you waiting for? Go to your nearest lfs , buy the the stuff and start NOW!!

Last edited:

lamaseta17

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Emily is right!! It's Aiptasia. One of the devils you don't want in your tank:sgrin:
Try Joes Juice or "Aiptasia control" by Blue Life.
You might want to address this problem right away.
100 already:eek:
What are you waiting for? Go to your nearest lfs , buy the the stuff and start NOW!!
im going right now thanks guys:smash:

D1J8Z

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
do you have corals?

copperbands eat them and so do six line wrasses.... as well someone previously stated that pepperment shrimp eat them as well

EmilyT

Don't diss softies!
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
as previously stated in other threads, you shouldnt buy a fish just to get rid of aiptasia. All humans can eat meat for example, but some choose not to. peppermints are easier and cheaper and contribute to cleaning your tank. peppermint shrimp arent guaranteed either, so i would kalk/joes juice as many as you can and then and in a few peppermint and cross your fingers ;)

ReefnQueens

Tonga Wanga
Rating - 100%
71   0   0
go to cvs get a insulin syringe or anytype of syringe**fill with %100 lemon juice** (insulin syringe you can fill it up ) and then stick it into the stem of the aiptasia and inject about half of it ........i had about four of them a few months ago ,did that , and never saw another one again ......and it didnt effect any levels in my tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: