jerl77

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
100   0   0
Do Copepods Need Light To Grow?going To Set Up A Ten Gallon Tank With Air Bubbles And No Filter Throw Some Cheto In There And See What Happens.is There Any Thing I Am Forgetting?if Any Body Has Pics Of There Set Up Please Post For Me Thanks For Any Help.

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
cheato needs light to grow, other than the light and tank you need salt and water. Maybe a little bit of flake food every once in a while to add nutrients to the system.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
First you need to make sure you find a breeding male and a breeding super female. This is a MUST if you want to breed pods.

:joke:

You could just make a pod pile in your tank and it's a place for pods to live and breed. It's simple a bunch of rubble pilled on top of each other so that the pods have a safe place to hide from predators. Really simple and it does the trick :).

Good luck

cb747

How many is too many?
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Your setup sounds fine. A piece or airline tubing works well and they dont need any light or chaeto for that matter. I toss a little phyto into my culture every now and then and grind up some flake food once or twice a week. I have 2 cultures going. One in a 5 gallon tank and another in an old I/O bucket. No lights and no heat. :)

Awibrandy

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
182   0   0
Your setup sounds fine. A piece or airline tubing works well and they dont need any light or chaeto for that matter. I toss a little phyto into my culture every now and then and grind up some flake food once or twice a week. I have 2 cultures going. One in a 5 gallon tank and another in an old I/O bucket. No lights and no heat. :)

This sounds much to simple. How do you get them started? So you have some kind of vessel, salt water, air stone, and what else?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: