pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Help I just installed an RO unit but the pressure guage reads 0. I have checked it over and all the connections are right so i am at a lost in what to do. Sould i get a Pump?

reefkprZ

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
if the RO unit is producing waste and good water you either have extremely low pressure or a faulty gauge. neither would suprise me.

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
i would believe it is the pressure guage, if you want to test the unit set up 2 1gal jugs, place the waste water line in 1 jug and the product line in the other jug, turn on the unit and monitor the results. RO units in general have a 4gal waste water to every 1 gal product water ratio. the variances would be the size of the unit and incoming pressure

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
ok guys i will try all your suggestions, i shouldhave also mention thati live on the 5th floor as well. i will look for a pump today.

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
yes i has a flush valve i will chave that befoer i order a pump i know the pressure from my pipes is sometimes low but it was pretty hard last nit to not have a pressure to it

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
ok uys did all the checks and it seems like i have someof all you are talking about. the pressure gauge hasnt moved pass zero and the pressure is low. i will see about getting a pump its just going to take longer to get my water for my tank. Unless someone in BK can give me about 20 gallens of ro water lolol.

thanks for all your help

Rating - 50%
1   1   0
Even if your pressure is low, you should be seeing something well above 0.

Before you buy a pump:
1. What brand of system do you have?
2. Check to see if there is a membrane installed.
3. Do you have a flush valve and is it closed?
4. Does your system have a flow restrictor?
5. How do you have your system (the water supply tube) attached to your plumbing?

Russ

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
I have a reef master +1 from filterguys.
I twas purchased used so i would imagine the membrane is installed
it does have the flush valve and i check it and its closed
not sure but i think i it has.
the water supply tube is connected to the kitchen sink with the faucet adaptor

Last edited:

pmoneyt

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
here is what i have and how it is set up. i would like to get a fitting for the washing machine connection under the sink, do you guys sells those at Buck's

IMG00029.jpg

IMG00026.jpg

IMG00030.jpg

IMG00031.jpg

juiceguy

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
you say that you purchased the unit used.....did you put in new filters and a membrane? in that pic, the filters look pretty dirty and if the membrane was dried out it would not function properly

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: