Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
My bulbs have alittle salt creep on them from splashing water in the tank, is there anyway to clean them without damaging the life of the bulb

ming

LE Coral Killer
Rating - 100%
272   0   0
If salt spray doesn't damage it, why would a wet paper towel wiping it down? Just make sure the bulb is cool before you do that.
Alcohol would probably be better since it evaporates

I believe you just can't touch the double ended bulbs. The oils on your hands can make it crack

Dace

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.7%
393   1   0
If salt spray doesn't damage it, why would a wet paper towel wiping it down? Just make sure the bulb is cool before you do that.
Alcohol would probably be better since it evaporates

I believe you just can't touch the double ended bulbs. The oils on your hands can make it crack
Ive only used de bulbs and these are my first se bulbs so i just thought i'd ask. I know the de bulbs got damaged if handled with your hand, glad to here the se are not the same

NYPDFrogman

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
I wouldn't handle any MH Bulb with your bare hands. if I do happen to touch them (and when they are new I wipe them down with alcohol and paper towel.
bulbs get real hot and the oils from your hands could cause the bulb to break
just my .02

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: