MikeyZO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Just a general question. I presently use a Pro Clear Pro 75 wet/dry filter for my 36 gallon reef tank. It came with and houses a general venturi protien skimmer powered by a rio+ 800 pump. Do you guys think this is sufficient, or should I upgrade to something better? Also, if I am going to upgrade, I would like to upgrade to something that will work with my current setup and that I could continue to use if and when I upgrade to a much larger tank and setup. Here is a link to a picture of the filter. And yes, I know about the bio balls :tongue1: :lol:

http://www.pro-clear.com/images/wetdrypro/pro75wd.jpg

GQ22

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
definitely not sufficient. back when i first started i began with a wet dry and sub par skimmer. what a waste of time and money. if your serious about it, i would go big sump, and a very good skimmer. makes all the difference.

ZANYMASTER

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
410   0   0
Oh no,not the bio balls!I first started with a similar Amiracle product with my 46 bow front and unknowingly bought it at Fish town and of of course they wouldn't discourage me from buying it.It was my first salt water set up and eventually dumped it for a hang on skimmer and a hang on fuge.Worked out.

ssmtcarlo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
sell the Pro Clear get a $10 rubber made tub, some spa flex, a filter sock, phosban reactor, and a good skimmer im using the Octopus NW-150 and love it ill post a pic of it in action tomorrow. Thats what i would recommend.

A pic of my sump. The water is not usually that high i was testing to make sure it wouldnt overflow should the power go out
attachment.php

MikeyZO

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Let me ask you something Zany... If you're 46 bow is anything like myt 36 bow, you have that annoying plastic bar piece that runs from the back to the front of the top. How does the hang on fuge sit with that piece there?

Oh no,not the bio balls!I first started with a similar Amiracle product with my 46 bow front and unknowingly bought it at Fish town and of of course they wouldn't discourage me from buying it.It was my first salt water set up and eventually dumped it for a hang on skimmer and a hang on fuge.Worked out.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: