grundig5

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
You'll get a plethora of answers. People tend to find something that works, then after 2 years they "swear by it." I've tried RC, IO, coralife, oceanic, and most recently Tunze. I dont notice too many differences between them other than the amount of salt needed to attain 35ppt in a given amount of water and levels of Ca, alk and Mg. I run GFO on all my makeup water so I cant comment on PO4 levels.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i used it a few months back and only had a bucket for 50g it ran out and they didnt have it at time so i went with reef crystal, was having to dose alot to keep cal up, i really think most salts are basically the same except for levels of cal, was a thread on most of the major salt's and their real level's, but the red sea as i said helps keep my cal up and since i have a sps tank i like it.

grknyer

Official Lurker
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
tried a few different one's io, rc, tropic marin reg and pro and went back to red sea coral pro because of the higher cal

For fish only tank use IO.I used Reef Crystals for a while too and had to dose.I am now into my third bucket of Red Sea Pro salt and I haven't had to dose yet.
Only problem with it is not every lfs carries in case you need some in a pinch. I'm happy with

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: