aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Hi, I am setting up a small reef tank in the living room (15 gal aga xh tank and standard 10 gal sump) I have very limited space in the cabinet - around 15 inches and was wondering if anyone could offer a suggestion for a short in sump skimmer that would fit such a confined space?
cheers, Aaron

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I just had a quick look on the web and Sander has a great looking compact skimmer. However i couldnt find anyone who caries this brand in the US. Has any one ever come across Sander skimmers and if yes, Where?

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
I think Sander skimmer are German made so maybe Hawiian Marine may carry them, they carry all the Eheim products and some other things.

I would do a search on yahoo.com and maybe look on Reef Central and see if anyone knows where to get one. They where the only skimmer at one time but have kinda of bein made obsolete by the new, and better, line of skimmer on the market. They do work but you need to replace the wooden air stone from time to time.

Michael

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Sander also make a super compact venturi skimmer, I was actually hoping to go with a venturi if possible.
The only problem with the sander compact is i cant find anyone around here that carries them, and i heard that they were way overpriced.

EL_DANTE

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
It's tough to find the Lee's CC Skimmer as well. I just bought a similiar small skimmer (actually smaller than Lee's) from Coralife. It's called the Coralife Skimmer I, and I got it from Big Al's for a whopping $14.99. Needs a pump, which you can get from there as well. I heard they work as well, or better, as Lee's and the Piccolo.

aaron

Australian
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
I think that's a little too small for what i need, I really was hoping to find a short venturi model or if someone out there has an efficient venturi that they wouldnt mind letting me measure up for a DIY project?...... anyone?

bad coffee

Inept at life.
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I've got a backpack2 on my 15h. I like it however, it is 19"tall with the collection cup. With a short skimmer, you're going to have minimal air/water contact time. with only 15", you're going to have to go with a small airstone one to get a good skim.

BC

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: