Fish Finder

Co-Founder
Vendor
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
After many years with FOWLR i have finally decided to go reef in my home tank. This is going to be strictly a softie's and LPS tank. I still have quite some work to do on the tank before i have a successfully reef tank. About 4 months ago i brought my first reef light. The tank has a deep sand bed, it averages at 7". It was mixed up with white live sand and black easter island black to give me a salt and pepper look. Here's what equipment I have on my tank now:

72'' Current USA Outer Orbit lighting system
3x150w MH (Double ended)
4x96w PC's
Ballasts are built into the system
16 moon lights

Berlin Protein skimmer

Phosphate Reactor

30G sump

As for tank mates i currently have:

Blenny - Black with blue stripes in the face.

True RBTA

Spiny Oyster

Two Moth Fish

Two Pentapodus emeryii

Five Cleaner Shrimp

Two Blood Shrimp

as well as many Snails, hermits crabs, and crabs

I plain on doing a lot of changes with this tank as it matures and i learn more and more on this great site and elsewhere. Please chime in or suggestions as well as pro's and con's on what i say i am going to do next. I will update this thread regularly and try to post new pic's monthly. Here are some pic's of the tank. Today Ryan (DJ Orion) Came over and we reworked the rock scape. In the next day or two the frag racks you see in front of the tank will be gone and all those corals will be placed on the rocks. If you have any suggestions on something i should do please feel free to suggest. And now for PICSSSS.

IMG_1511.jpg

IMG_1517.jpg

IMG_1518.jpg

IMG_1519.jpg

IMG_1525.jpg

IMG_1529.jpg

IMG_1532.jpg

IMG_1533.jpg

http://bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=1&pid=364&cid=12

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
You & Ryan did a lot of work today! :) Looks very nice!!
Did you move the entire rock with the RBTA to get him over to that side of the tank? lol
Hope to get the glue over to you tomorrow so you can glue down the rest of those frags ;)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: