Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I just filled my tank how much water should be in the refugium mine is made from a 10gal tank and it is about a little less than 3/4 full

Also what critters can I put in there can I put sand sifting snails or will they just mess up the mud on the bottom and cause it to cloud the tank?

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
I just filled my tank how much water should be in the refugium mine is made from a 10gal tank and it is about a little less than 3/4 full

Also what critters can I put in there can I put sand sifting snails or will they just mess up the mud on the bottom and cause it to cloud the tank?

It depends on where and how many baffles you added..have a pic?

Did you use mriacle mud instead of sand?

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Sounds very similar to my setup. All I put in mine is some rubble live rock, live sand and some macro algae. Over time it is booming with all kinds of pods and a bristle worm here and there. Stirring things up will definately cloud your tank, but some foam before your pump and around your pump intake can tone that down a little.

Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I used mirical mud as will as some live rock some macro algae

The water comes down into pads and bioballs splits by the skimmer the center chamber is the mud then to the pumps one pump is the return the othere goes to the UV the UV dumps back by the filter pads....

Pic to come soon

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: