bigbbinthehouse

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know why the fish in my tank would go after a newly added 4-line Wrasse? In my 90g I have:
Purple tang
Yellow tang
Purple Pseudo
Coral Beauty
Maroon clown
b/w clown
true perc
blue devil

they all went after him as soon as i put him in, even with food put in to distract them.

bigbbinthehouse

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
LOL!! never know with the live ones.

here is what i do,
temp acc.
feed
while feeding, turn lights out and then release

usually works, but guess they just wanted to be mean.

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I agree unpredictable. I have a royal gramma that is supposed to be shy and peaceful, however it goes after every new addition to my tank with a vengeance. After a few days/weeks everything is better.

It's better to add more than one new fish at a time and disrupt rockwork a little to prevent teretorial behavior. Didn't work so well for me but it makes sense.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Well as most literature I have read stated each fish in a tank will stake out it's territory and may become aggressive to new additions. Depending on how long they have been there then new addition may be at risk of getting beat up. Some fish will kill new additions due to this territorial issue. Some suggest acclimating and adding the fish with the room as dark as possible and some even suggest doing it at nite both with the lights off. Some even recommend to do this and re-scape the tank so it changes the territory around and the fish have to re claim areas. And some will suggest that you have enough fish in there and to not add more. Try what you will but like Dean says the only predictable fish is a dead one.

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
all the fishes except maybe the clowns can b very agressive. my guess is your fishes had a meeting w/o u n decided your fish limit is reached. any new fish would not be tolerate. :biglaugh:

your best bid is an aggressive fish, but that can create more problems down the road.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: