ixTCxi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
will it work ? the space between the tank and the fixture im not too sure im just using the stock mounting leg and the acrylic is 1/2. please advise, thanks. btw the tank dimension is 20x12x12 around 10g..? will the light be too hot for the tank ?

Last edited:

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
SunPod 150 watt MH

ixTCxi,

Hello. Does this new tank have openings on the top? You shouldn't have any problems if there's a top opening in the acrylic in the center because the SunPod's 150 watt MH lamp is directly in the center where your tank should have an opening. You may have heat problem issues caused by the lamp which may need to be addressed. Maybe a fan blown across? Do you have any photos of the tank? I'd be more concerned if the MH lamp was over the tank where there wasn't an opening. I have a tank with similar dimensions with a MH lamp but the lamp sits over the opening of the tank so there isn't a problem.

Good Luck :biggrin:

ixTCxi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
what you mean by opening ? the tank that i have, have no cover..i try to post a pic up.
my main concern is will the light melt the tank or wrap it ??

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Hello,

What I mean by opening is that where the 150 watt MH lamp sits isn't right on top of the 1/2" acrylic. It should sit over water where there isn't acrylic between the water and lamp. If that's the case you should be fine. This way the lamp won't be heating up the acrylic during your lighting cycle.

Good Luck :fish:

Custom King

Vendor
Rating - 99.4%
308   2   0
Rick,

Hello. He says he's he'll be using a 150 Watt MH SunPod which comes with their standard reflector and UV glass sheild built into the fixture. Don't have a clue on the lamp?? Maybe a 14K Pheonix!!!

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: