Reef Mongoose

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
So last night just before my lights whent out I was looking at my tank and noticed what almost looked like the head of a big zoa or duncan (about the size of a quarter or so) sitting partially buried in my sand bed. It had a dark maroonish center with brown/purpleish tentcle looking things around the outside. So I figure its a zoa or something I bought awhile ago and it must have gotten lost in the tank. So of course I decide to pick it up and put it somewhere on my rock work. Well, thank god I decided to use my big pair of tweezers to pick it up. I grabbed behind it expecting nothing to be there and I would just lift the "Zoa" out of the sand. However, there was something behind, quite large in fact and it tried to pull free from my grasp with some suprising force. I didn't let go and the "zoa" which I now believe to be the head of the animal ripped off and the rest retreated into the sand. I would take a picture of the head but you won't be able see anything as it got smushed in the tweezers. WHAT THE HELL WAS THIS! I think it was a baby one of those worms from Beatle Juice or Dune. All ideas are welcome, I have never seen any kind or worm with a head like this, really wierd. I almost don't want to even put my hand in the tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: