Cibo

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do pods grow best in light or dark? I just set up my refugum this week and where I bought it they said to leave the refugum light on for 24hrs for the first week or so the keep it on when the tanks lights go off??

How long before I start to see pods? I thought cause the light has been on this would be a factor?

thanks

Killerdrgn

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Do pods grow best in light or dark? I just set up my refugum this week and where I bought it they said to leave the refugum light on for 24hrs for the first week or so the keep it on when the tanks lights go off??

How long before I start to see pods? I thought cause the light has been on this would be a factor?

thanks

I see as much pods in my unlit rock sump as i do in the lit portions of my tank. I think as long as they have something to eat they're fine.

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
A well established reef is what will allow your pod population to mulitply, along with somehow introducing a first few into your tank. My refugium went for its' first several months with almost nothing and then slowly they multiplied in my refugium and now my display has a fair amount left over from what doesn't eat them. Tanks been up for 7 months.

mandown123

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
19   0   0
i do brendan. i see them running when i turn the lights on. BUT... i want to throw in like a thousand extra and really get it nice and populated. i really want a mandarin thats why

boardryder

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I have a scooter blenny and though it takes extra work I have a sea squirt feeder that I feed him brine and mysis with. I've also fed live brine shrimp. You don't necessarily need a tank full of pods.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: