Max Farber

Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all.

Looking to buy a protein skimmer for my 14 gallon Oceanic Biocube.

Any recommendations or specific experiences with either the Oceanic skimmer built specifically for my tank OR the Fission Nano Skimmer? They're roughly the same low cost and I'm looking to buy whichever is likely to be more effective and reliable.

Thanks in advance for guidance.

FYI: I'm in the building stages. I intended to use live rock and sand, with livestock to be built around compatibility with a pair of reidi or comes seahorses. This would include compatible corals (gorgs, zoas, leathers), a firefish, a goby, and a cleanup crew consisting of an emerald crab, a peppermint shrimp, a cleaner shrimp, possibly a pistol that will hopefully pair up with the goby, some blue legged hermits, and assorted appropriate snails.

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
biocube skimmer

i have the biocube skimmer also a 14 gallon cube. honestly it seems rather crappy. i think its only helping my water evaporate faster lol... i was going to look into the protein skimmers that sapphire aquatics makes..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: