[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just snapped some shots of my haul from this weekends frag swap, as well as some pics from corals ive had for a while... some i dont know what they are so if you can ID em let me know.

ok here we go...

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Purple Rim Plate
IMG_0399.jpg

Purple Rim Plate (focus on the edge)
IMG_0410.jpg

Small Brown Plate
IMG_0407.jpg

Unknown clear
IMG_0408.jpg

Green Digi
IMG_0411.jpg

Red Digi
IMG_0413.jpg

Unknown frag from new world, 2 years old.. very slow growth.
IMG_0414.jpg

babysitting some rics
IMG_0418.jpg

[ June 20, 2004, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: [JWS]wasabi ]

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
limegreen zoo
IMG_0419.jpg

more zoos
IMG_0420.jpg

unknown hitchhiker.. small starlike polyps.. this is very high flow rate in this spot, it seems to like it.
IMG_0423.jpg

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
The Unknown frag from New World is a Blasto Merleti. It's somewhat rare and is a slow grower. Needs low light, even though some people keep them under high lights, and will eat Cyclop-eeze and small shrimp.

What did New World charge you for it? Right now they have some for $99+.

DallasNYC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
45   0   0
The unknown clear looks like a White Ball Anemone. (pseudocorynactis) I have had one in my tank for about 5 years now. It came as a hitch hiker and has grown from the size of a dime to a little bigger then a quarter. It does fine on its own with no direct feeding. Mine has never split though.

[JWS]wasabi

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the unknown clear is definetly a calcerous coral.. it seems like some sort of lps that has no algae in it... it came on a piece of rock and was growing on what seemed to be the dark side of the rock. Its also amazingly hardy because that piece of rock has been through hell and back and its still alive. dont know what it is tho.

thanks for the ID marrone, i think i got it for about $50 back then. its gotten a little bigger but yea... very slow growth. It seems pretty happy tho.

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
You like thast purple rim don't ya! :)

Alsp, nice polyp exytention on thoses digis, they will color up a litte more in a day or so. Hope you like them JW and thanks again.

Mike, you are rigth, that's merletti alright, I have one of these and its a SLOWWWWW grower, but very nice

The "stars" yuo refer to look like an encrusting gorgonian - nice but isolate it or it will grow all over everything .

House

marrone

The All Powerful OZ
Staff member
Rating - 98.8%
80   1   0
No thoses are star polyps and they do grow all over the place, that was candy cane coral that they grew over and killed. It look like an encrusting gorgonian because you see the bottom of the purple mat but it is star polyps.

Actually I have 3 pieces, 1 large in the candy cane and another smaller that is also in the candy cane. If someone want to buy them I'll donated the money to the board.

I got my Blasto M from Vic and 2 other smaller ones from Andy. The ones I got from Vic have grow quite abit in a little over a year since I got them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: