D

DEEPWATER

I was told today and one other time that peppermint shrimp eat or pick at polyps ,,
ok if so ,i have 3 peppermint shrimp in my main tank ,and 2 in my refuge .,
i have zoos in my refuge they seem to be fine ,aside from the the 2 frags that im having problems with ,all the rest of my zoos are fine and heathly..
what do youguys think about the PM shrimp and zoo (polyp) combo?

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it."

Just because you were told that peppermints may nip at zoos, doesn't mean your shrimp will all of a sudden start nipping. If they haven't bothered your zoos yet, why worry?!

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
not worried ,,just asking trying to get some brain picking here ,,lol
what i hear, i ask about to see other ppl opinion.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
My opinion is that ALL shrimp will nip wherever they sense food. If flakes fall on your coral... cleaner, blood, peppermint or coral banded shrimp will all "pick at" that coral giving the impression to people that they are not reef safe.

D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 100%
194   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Camel backs look nothing like peppermints aside from the fact that they have red color.

Body type is different, facial structure os different, there is a triangular hump pn thier back and their tail is squared and flat - sorry Kris, I don't agree

House
not to mention they have white strips as welll ,camel back shrimp

Gmandese

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I have 2 peppermints in with my yellow polyps & zoas, I haven't had any problem at all. The only wierd thing, is I haven't seen them in any position except upside down! Very entertaining, glad I got them.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: