S

Subskipper

(I know this is probably not the place for this review, but I figured I am new here so I can be forgiven).

In the past I have always gone to the same LFS to build a reputation and relationship for my aquarium needs. I have been using Aqua Hut for months until this morning when they rudely kicked me out of the store because it wasn't officially open yet.

Each Saturday morning for the past few months I have always gone to the store around 9am to see the door open and a friendly face, but the last two weekends I have not had the same experience and today they told me I had to leave and come back at 10am.

Instead of going back, I decided to check out Country Critters off Route 112 and I am so very happy I did. I went into this store and was amazed at the quality of the fish and corals. They had more than I ever expected and although the prices were a bit higher than other places I was willing to spend the extra pennies to get what I really wanted.

I am sure all of you have been into a LFS that has a wonderful tank display that is off limits when it comes to buying. The same holds true for CC, but they only had 1 off limits tank, and the many other tanks they had were stocked to the brim with the nicest corals I had seen in a long time. Even better, the prices were clearly marked.

The frag tanks were amazing. They have multiple tanks with individual and batch pricing listed on the tank. One tank had 6 frags for $75, another had 5 for $150, each with the price difference being the overall size of the frag. I spent two hours just picking stuff out for my tank and could have easily spent the entire day buying quality items.

The only complaint was the helpfullness of the staff. They had an indifferent attitude towards me in the store. I expect help and a bit of understand when it comes to picking out and understanding the requirements of the items you buy. I felt as if I was bugging them with my questions and with a small community like we have, everyone should be helping each other learn and progress the hobby.

Over I loved this store, the selection completely leveled out the cost and customer service. Can't wait to save my pennies again and go back to add more stuff to my tank!

Subskipper

S

Subskipper

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
NY Aquaria on 36th street between 2nd and 3rd ave?

If that is the place your talking about I have been there, and found the prices extremely high as compared to almost everywhere else. The tanks were wonderful and specimens incredible, but the price...whoa baby!

Subskipper

S

Subskipper

Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Sorry that was New World Aquaria that I was talking about. I live in Farmingville so I will have to schedule that romp out to NY Aquaria!

Thanks for the advice, I will check it out!

Subskipper

House of Laughter

Super Moderator
Staff member
Vendor
Rating - 100%
310   0   0
Yeah, what Jackson said - Sal is about the nicest guy I have met (in a store) and is willing to talk about the hobby - he really knows his stuff.

His new show tank is awesome - can't beat it.

We are looking to schedule a group visit there (see group buys section), so keep your eyes peeled for that announcement.

he also has nice frag and clam tanks -

Good lock and welcome to MR.com

House

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: