rookie07

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 97.5%
235   6   0
I dont know anything for sure...but I would think its the type of light they give off, HID/Xenon(I thought they were different things actually) dont give off light in the correct spectrum range to grow life.....so, no they shouldnt work...but hey IM A ROOKIE

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
I Have 2 Complete Set's That I Was Thinking Of Doing This With On A Nano, The Light Spectrum {color}isnt Correct And These Thing's Do Put Out Alot Of Heat, I Had Spoke With Sanjun Sp ? About This At One Of The Swap's And Said It Might Be Possible To Do So, OH AND BTW SOME OF THESE BULBS RUN $400 AVERAGE IS AROUND $120

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
I Have 2 Complete Set's That I Was Thinking Of Doing This With On A Nano, The Light Spectrum {color}isnt Correct And These Thing's Do Put Out Alot Of Heat, I Had Spoke With Sanjun Sp ? About This At One Of The Swap's And Said It Might Be Possible To Do So, OH AND BTW SOME OF THESE BULBS RUN $400 AVERAGE IS AROUND $120

i don't know if you guys are speaking about the same HID/Xenon lights.. But the ones that i know of comes in a few measures of Kalvin<~ spellcheck.

but they range from 4k -14k
and are a lotttt cheaper then u'd think..

check this out ...if it would work as a DIY then it might be worth it,, but i think the light spectrum is wayyy off.

http://www.b20vtec.com/forums/top-s...-kits-all-sizes-colors-picked-up-shipped.html

and i personally can get them a lotttttt cheaper than the price posted.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
that's the same as comparing a chinese bulb to phoniex or usio, trust me i work in a dealership, how about a $380 hid bulb for a 08 prius. alot if not all of the factory hid require a certain voltage and ampage, not theying they wont work but that ballast gets really warm and i wouldnt put a generic ballast on my tank mh or other

Pootie

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
that's the same as comparing a chinese bulb to phoniex or usio, trust me i work in a dealership, how about a $380 hid bulb for a 08 prius. alot if not all of the factory hid require a certain voltage and ampage, not theying they wont work but that ballast gets really warm and i wouldnt put a generic ballast on my tank mh or other

So you and comparing the price difference on longevity or function?

Most can deff argue about the reliability of stock ballast as apposed to those of the aftermarket type. But what about function and output?

PS: i take it u work at toyota. When is the new Supra coming out!!! U must tell me!!!

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
Lol Pm With What You Need, I'll Need A Vin Also, The Output Isnt The Same From The A\m Compared To The Factory One's. Both On Bulbs And Ballast, I Have The Generic Ballast And Bulbs For My Car, Never Put Them In And Have A Factory Set From Honda Nd Toy Played With All Of Them When I Was Thinking Of Using One Over A Nano Tank

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: