Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Everyone :flower:
Recently I met in person Sanjay Joshi when he kindly accepted our invitation to come to Portugal and speak to our reef keepers. During his visit he spoke enthusiastically about Manhattan Reef's and latter introduced me by e-mail to Joshua L. Saul and Randy Donowitz in the perspective of collaboration between Manhattan Reef's of which I'm now a happy member, and Reefforum.net
I started to browse Manhattan Reefs and Reef's Magazine and realised shortly after the reason of the enthusiasm of Sanjay Joshi (not that I ever doubt it but I didn't know), as both the forum and the magazine are very good. I feel home here.

And now a bit about me...very little as I'm a very simple person who likes to help for the jazz of it...

I'm Portuguese and live on parallel 49 but on the other side of Atlantic Ocean, Europe, in a City called Vila Nova de Gaia where Port wine is in fact produced. The city sits on the south bank of River Douro, which separates it form Porto City. Thus shall we say, I live on the opposite side of New York :) and had it been some 200 million years ago, we would be neighbours :):lol:..well then again, not exactly:lol:. Vila Nova de Gaia is washed by the Atlantic Ocean as you may see here Viagem ? volta do mundo (
multipage.gif
1 2) in some photographs of the beach 7 km from my place where I collect natural sponge to feed Zanclus, Pygoplithes, etc and collect natural sea water for the water changes...I think Paul Baldassano (Paul B if I'm not mistaken) might remember the two videos I once sent him about my Zanclus feeding on live local sponge (which you also have in your rocky shores and piers for that matter...small world after all...).
It's been 21 years now that I keep marine fauna and flora and presently I'm www.reefforum.net moderator with some administration tasks, a forum now having more that 7000 members, where among other tasks I translate with their permission, Sanjay Joshi's, Ron Shimek's, Anthony Calfo's, etc. articles and publish them so that their valuable work and knowledge is better divulged through out the world, namely the Portuguese speaking world which I believe to have around 600000 people now a days. I'm also translating Anthony's Calfo Book of Coral Propagation to Portuguese and possibly to French and Italian...about those two last we will see....

Well there's more, like I'm not a millionaire :) ...I have an almost 8 year old son who is my image like I was when I was a child...I work as a manager of 5 manufacturing plants...I speak and write several languages...well that's becoming more than writing very little about me :)

Well thank you all for receiving me, thank you Joshua L Saul, Randy Donowitz, Jonathan Hale, KathyC, Sanjay Joshi, Sil3ncio, duke62, thank you everyone, I look forward to help whenever possible like hands on approach and divulge both Manhattan Reefs and Reef's Magazine (the latter by translating it to Portuguese and possibly to French if deemed a good ideia by the responsible people).

Kind Regards
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Post Scriptum. One last thing, almost everyone here uses a nick name so its difficult for me to know if I'm writing to a girl/lady or a boy/man, any way it does not matter, however should any person want to register at reefforum.net, please use your real names as it is a mandatory requirement and feel free to contact me for help any time both here or there.

KathyC

Rating - 100%
200   0   0
Very nice to have you here at MR Pedro!
Does your forum at Reefforum.net have a translation page so that we may be able to take part there without having to speak the language? :)

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very nice to have you here at MR Pedro!
Does your forum at Reefforum.net have a translation page so that we may be able to take part there without having to speak the language? :)

Hi KathyC ;-) and thank you for the warm welcome

So far I'm the translation page... :)... as you may find out in sub-forums like "Ask Sanjay Joshi", "Ask Ron Shimek", "Ask Anthony Calfo" which are visible only to registered members, and yes you and any registered member can use those sub-forums to ask them whatever needed. Never the less you can use google automatic translators and you can write in English as the majority of forum members (or the Portuguese population for that matter) do understand it and many do speak and write in English as well and reply to you in English, and I'm always around to help and translate when needed (especially when Hal 9000 tools are used for translation :)...alternatively I can teach you Portuguese :):),... any way go for it and register, then you can introduce yourself in a specific sub-forum that exists for that purpose and is visible only to registered members and we will put the title of also in English.

The exchange of banners will be proposed and there is the possibility of creating a specific area for Manhattan Reefs. Well bit by bit together as a team we can build a better world, share information, help one another.

Kind Regards
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey there Pedro and welcome. I LOVE PORT WINE

Hi DrCooper and thank you for welcoming me

So you love Port Wine...well I live some 4 km from the wine cellars were the wine is Produced. Have a look here and here (the picture you see is Gaia and the iron Eiffel Bridge) and here te family name brand Ferreira one of the best if not the best ;-) and some Images and more and more...enjoy. If you want to know more about Port Wine, just let me know.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Pedro,

I'd like to say welcome to out little reef site as well. That was a great introduction you wrote. I love Port wine as well, I'll look forward to speaking to you about wine as much as reefs :) :wineglass

- Jonathan

Pedro Nuno Ferreira

Liquid Breathing
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
will trade frags for wine. :)

Hi ellebelle, its a deal! It will be like trading gold (the frags) for glass beads
(the Port wine)...well depends on what you choose for Port Wine of course, but basically what you pay in New York is several times more than what we pay for the same Port Wine bottle here and with the wine cellars and Port wine companies so close from my place, its even better:tongue1:

Thank you for welcoming me.

Cheers
Pedro Nuno ;-)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: