ihatefish

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just wondering what salt everyone thinks is the best. I have seen people use everything and swear it is the best so i wanted to see what everyone else thought. First vote i would have to say i like tropic marin pro reef.

cybermeez

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
102   0   0
Discussing what kind of salt you perfer is like discussing what flavor ice cream you prefer. Never a "right" answer, but it can make for a good conversation. Just like ice cream my preferred salt has changed over time. I started with Oceanic, moved to IO, then Reef Crystals and now Seachem Reef Salt

For the record the ice cream evolution went like this: chocolate, strawberry, raspberry, chocolate chip, coffee and it's been mint chocolate chip for quite a while now.

alrha

Rating - 100%
85   0   0
as stated above, its really hard for anyone to pick one salt and say it is the best. if it were so simple, everyone would be using it (except for those who are cost conscious and would end up with a generic version of it).

personally, i've been using Seachem's Reef Salt since it came out.

(have tried in the past Tropic Marin, Kent, Oceanic, Tropic Marin Pro Reef - cant really tell you any differences as there are so many variables in my system and it would be unrealistic to point to the salt mix and being responsible for any particular changes)

CHEMCHEF

PERMANOOB
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
LMAO I probably should have got that, considering I have used diamond crystal, Kosher salt , everday for the past 30 years.
AND IT IS THE BEST.
PS. Steak : Knock his horns off, and walk him through a warm room:splitspin

LOL Diamond salt is table salt.

Like it has been said salt preffs are like food preffs. Some like their steak rare, some like it well done. Some like none at all.

Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: